A mash-up of all sorts of flavour combinations today because I couldn’t decide on a specific theme. So there you have it, the ephemeral sweet juices of macerated strawberries & cherries bleeding through layers of potent durian oatmeal (Scottish + steelies) & macadamia nut butter, glazed with a bittersweet mocha sauce courtesy of The Oatmeal Artist. The contrasting flavours were a delight, a bite of strawberries here and mocha there, providing decent satisfaction to my fickle tastebuds.
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at 10-second intervals, stirring to dissolve after each round. The final product should be silky smooth.
- Drizzle over oatmeal or pancakes.